What Is the UCAOA Accreditaton Designaton?
This organizaton’s centers have received the Urgent Care Associaton of America (UCAOA) Accreditaton designaton.
It has met or exceeded natonally recognized standards for quality patent care and safety. It has also met certain natonal criteria that tell you, the patent, about the center, services they offer and when they are available.
What standards has this facility met?
This facility has demonstrated that it has met or exceeded natonally standardized criteria to provide
high-level care and excellence in the following areas:
Additonal Facility Criteria for UCAOA Accreditaton
- It accepts walk-in patents of all ages for a broad spectrum of illness, injury and disease at all times. Some centers are allowed to only treat children, if they identfy themselves as a pediatric-only center in their facility name.
- It provides X-ray services on site.
- It has a laboratory and can do many lab tests on site.
- The licensed providers working here are able to perform the following:
o Advanced cardiac life support in an emergency, while 911 is called
o Obtain and read an EKG and X-ray
o Administer oral, intramuscular and intravenous medicaton and fuids
o Perform minor procedures (like suture, cyst removals, incisions and drainage)
- The following equipment is available and the staf are trained to use:
o Automated external defbrillator (AED) or standard defbrillator
o Oxygen and emergency breathing equipment
o Drug cart with some emergency medicatons
- It has two or more exam rooms, a separate waitng area and restricted access patent restrooms for privacy during more extensive visits
- The facility is open 7 days a week (not including natonal holidays) and is open 4 or more hours
- A licensed physician (MD/DO) has been designated as the facility’s medical director. That person
is responsible for overall clinical quality.
The Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) was founded in 2004 and represents the 9,000+ centers that make up the industry. Accreditation is not a representation, warranty or guarantee to any patent, individual or entity regarding the care provided or the services rendered. This facility and its parent organization maintain sole responsibility for insuring the conditions of accreditation continue to be met during any year of accreditation.